Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 21 February 2015

Mary Ann Hutton Christmas Sampler

Many of you probably don't know me.  I've been a member of this group for a year or so, but have never posted.  I am usually stitching smalls, but I have plans to stitch a sampler or two this year.  The Mary Ann Hutton Christmas Sampler is one of my favorite sampler designs ...
... but I'm sorry to say that I don't like the floss colors used.  I'm not good at making color substitutions, so I'm wondering if anyone has stitched this with different ... darker/more subdued ... colors, & if so, what did you use?  

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a lovely sampler. We have a few finished ones in the Gallery, you might find inspiration there.

http://scarletletteryeargallery.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/mary-ann-hutton.html

Serena B said...

It is a lovely sampler,enjoy the journey.